This week, the Wii U Virtual Console will see the release of three Street Fighter II games, Capcom has announced. The games in question are Street Fighter II: The World Warrior, Street Fighter II: Turbo/Hyper Fighting and Street Fighter II: The New Challenges. Each of the aforementioned fighting games will be available for $7.99, €7.99 or £5.49, depending on where you live.
The price seems a little steep, but if you buy all three games, you get a discount. Still, note that the discount is only available in North America and Europe. In North America, buy any of the Street Fighter II games and get the other two 50% off. In Europe, buy two games and get the third one for free.
Finally, a video posted by Capcom Fighters TV explains the differences between all three games (the video is embedded above this article.) Find a summary below.
Street Fighter II: The World Warrior
- This is the first version of Street Fighter II
- 8 characters to choose from
Street Fighter II: Turbo/Hyper Fighting
- 12 Characters to choose from (8 regular characters and 4 bosses)
- Balance changes
- Mirror matches are possible
- Alternative colors for characters
Street Fighter II: The New Challenges
- Combo counter
- New art
- 14 characters to choose from (8 regular characters, 4 bosses and 4 new ones: Cammy, DeeJay, Fei Long and T. Hawk)
- Redrawn stages
- Remastered background music
- Special moves had new effects
- Rebalanced characters