Electronic Arts was the second press conference of E3 2014 and there weren’t a lot of surprises. There are a lot of games to mention though, so let’s get down to it. Expect a lot of sports games. By the way, if you haven’t had a chance to watch the media briefing, you can watch it here.
- The press conference started with a video of Star Wars: Battlefront which is coming in 2015.
- Dragon Age: Inquisition has a new gameplay trailer in which you can appreciate both the action and tactical approaches of the game.
- Electronic Arts then reminded us that there will be a new Mass Effect game. That’s pretty much what we know about that.
- The Sims 4 is coming on September 2nd and a lengthy video was shown, but it’s hard to describe it without saying “it looks like more Sims.”
- EA Sports UFC is coming on June 17th, 2014. As most of you probably heard by now, Bruce Lee is a playable character.
- EA showed gameplay footage for NHL 15 and it looks like a next-generation NHL game…
- Criterion Games is working on a new game which not only features cars, but also helicopters, planes, jet skis, ATVs and other vehicles. The footage shown was rough, but it shows a lot of potential, especially taking into account that it comes from the team that made Burnout Paradise.
- A new PGA Tour is coming in spring 2015 and uses the Frostbite 3 engine, has no loading times and the fantasy courses are ridiculous.
- Madden NFL 15 is coming on August 26th and the game will change the way in which the defense works. That’s about it.
- EA is working on a MOBA game called Dawngate and the only compelling aspect they mentioned is that the game will have a story. Apart from that it looks like one of the most generic MOBAs I’ve ever seen.
- DICE showed a Mirror’s Edge 2 trailer and it looks exactly the same as Mirror’s Edge, which is a good thing I guess.
- FIFA 15 is coming soon and some of the new features include emotional intelligence, agility and control, man to man battles, authentic player visuals and living pitch, whatever those things mean.
- EA showed a gameplay demo of the highly anticipated Battlefield Hardline which is coming on October 21st. A closed beta is now available for both PC and PS4 users.
And that’s the Electronic Arts Press Conference! There weren’t a lot of surprises, but it’s worth mentioning that details about Battlefield Hardline (one of the most interesting games from EA) leaked a couple of days ago. Battlefield Hardline was my favorite game of this press conference. What about you?