As part of their Nintendo Digital Event, the company showed some of the most awaited titles (such as Super Smash Bros.,) but also announced some new ones, including a new Zelda. There’s a lot of ground to cover, including games, hardware and of course Super Smash Bros. characters, so let’s start now. By the way, of you missed the Digital Event, you can watch it above.
- Super Smash Bros. was an important part of the event. Nintendo showed and detailed the different types of Miis (Brawler, Gunner and Swordfighter.) The game’s coming to the 3DS on October 3rd and to the Wii U this holiday season.
- Nintendo announced Amiibo, figures that have chips inside them which you can use in specific games. Super Smash Bros. will be the first game to support this type of technology.
- A new Yoshi game is coming. Yoshi’s Wooly World will be out in 2015 and the uses a similar visual style to that of Kirby’s Epic Yarn. The game will support two players and there are new mechanics and moves.
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is coming this holiday season.
- A new exploration-focused The Legend of Zelda is coming in 2015. A trailer was shown and the game looks absolutely fantastic.
- Pokémon: Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are coming to the Nintendo 3DS on November 21st, 2014.
- A new trailer for Bayonetta 2 was shown and the game comes with the original Bayonetta in the same package. Also, the game will feature suits from popular Nintendo characters.
- Hyrule Warriors is coming on September 26th, 2014. There will be a two-player mode where one players uses the TV and other player uses the Wii U GamePad.
- Kirby: The Rainbow Curse (which appears to be a sequel to Kirby: Canvas Curse) is coming in 2015.
- Xenoblade Chronicles is coming in 2015.
- Nintendo officially announced that they are working on Mario Maker, a game that will let you create your own Super Mario levels, using an intuitive editor and different graphical styles. The game’s coming in 2015.
- Splatoon is an 8-player multiplayer game that will launch in 2015. In the game, players paint the levels to claim territories and by the end of the match the team with most territory wins. Additionally, players can alternate between a human form and a squid form and while the former lets them use their guns, the latter is more useful when it comes to moving through the levels.
- Palutena and Dark Pit are some of the newest Super Smash Bros. characters.
As you can see, Nintendo announced a lot of new games and the new technology Amiibo which will debut on Super Smash Bros. What do you think about this press conference? And more importantly what do you think about the new Zelda? As usual, feel free to share ideas in the comment section.