As part of the latest Nintendo Direct, the company announced a few games and provided vague release dates for some others. For those of you who haven’t had a chance to watch the Nintendo Direct yet, I embedded the video above and those who want the list of announcements, check out the list below.
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D is coming to the Nintendo 3DS (and Nintendo 2DS) in spring 2015.
- Codename S.T.E.A.M., a strategy game similar to Advance Wars, is also coming to the 3DS in spring.
- The company revealed release dates, some of which are really vague. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is coming on December 5th, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse comes out on February 2015, Xenoblade Chonicles X is coming in 2015 and finally, Splatoon is coming in the second quarter of 2015.
- There were some news regarding Amiibo. There will be 12 figures at launch and 6 more figures coming on December 2014. Amiibo launches on November 21st, which happens to be the date when the Wii U version of Super Smash Bros. comes out. Some of the games that will be Amiibo-compatible include Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Hyrule Warriors, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, Yoshi’s Woolly World and Mario Party 10.
- Nintendo announced Duck Hunt as a new character for Super Smash Bros. The original Duck Hunt is coming to the Wii U Virtual Console.
- ShigeruMiyamoto announced his involvement in a series of Pikmin shorts. The shorts are now available on the eShop.