Ever since Capcom announced that they were going to cancel Mega Man Legends 3, the company has been having some serious problems with their fans. The latest fiasco involved Street Fighter X Tekken and the fact that most of the game’s DLC is already included in the disc. Nevertheless, a couple of announcements that took place at Capcom’s annual media event may change the opinion some people have about the Japanese-based company. This year, Capcom’s annual Captivate event took place in Rome, Italy and they had a couple of interesting announcements. The most important titles that were shown there were: Lost Planet 3, Devil May Cry and Resident Evil 6. For now, I’ll try to focus on the latter. First and foremost, it has been officially confirmed that the game will come out on October 2 (it was expected to be released on November 20) for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC. Allegedly, the decision to change the release date is related to the positive reaction of fans regarding the first trailer. Apart from that, there aren’t a lot of details about Resident Evil 6 yet, but we do know some of the game’s specifics:
- The infected creatures are in fact zombies.
- They are infected with the C-Virus (be careful Capcom, you are running out of letters!)
- Graphically, the game looks simply amazing.
- The action is horror-focused like in the first titles in the series.
- Combats are similar to other modern shooter games and you may now move and shoot at the same time (a clear attempt at revitalizing the core gameplay mechanics.)
- There are three main characters (which include Leon S. Kennedy, Chris Redfield and mercenary Jake Muller, son of Albert Wesker) and each one has three different storylines that take place in three different places (the US, a fictional country in Eastern Europe and China.) Still, these stories will intertwine so the characters will eventually meet.
- A new HUD has been created.
Finally, here’s Resident Evil 6’s second trailer taken from Capcom Unity’s official YouTube channel: