A few days ago, Doom 3 BFG Edition came out. This version of Doom 3 is supposed to be the definitive one, but if the reviews I’ve read are any indication of the game’s quality, BFG Edition is far from being the superior version. Regardless of your feelings about BFG Edition, a lot of people just want to play the original Doom 3. For the moment though, they can’t.
Up until very recently, the only way to do get Doom 3 was by buying the $100 id Complete Pack. But this package was recently removed from Steam and other services, which means there’s no way to get Doom 3 digitally. According to various sources, id Software is working on a solution. In other words, this means that the original version of Doom 3 will be available for purchase soon.
By the way and just in case you were wondering, these are some of the main features of Doom 3: BFG Edition:
- Doom 3: BFG Edition includes both Doom 3 and its expansion, Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil.
- Doom 3 has improved graphics, a better save system and a new armored-mounted flashlight.
- Additionally, Doom, Doom II: Hell on Earth and Doom II’s “No Rest for the Living” are all included.
- There’s a new seven-level campaign called “The Lost Mission” that was originally cut from the original Doom 3.
- BFG Edition has 3D and head mounted display support.
Source: Giant Bomb